Sailing Safely Without Sacrificing Luxury
As the first luxury line to resume sailing, SeaDream has been able to provide a safe and healthy environment without sacrificing the signature SeaDream experience our guests love. We learned many lessons after completing a successful summer season in Norway, thanks to our stringent sanitation procedures, the professionalism of our crew, and the cooperation of our guests.
As we prepare to visit Barbados this winter season, we are taking these measures a step further, strengthening our existing protocols to protect our crew, guests, and the communities we visit.
SeaDream’s luxury superyachts were already positioned to offer a safe and healthy experience. With a small ship size, ultra-personalized service, emphasis on cleanliness, and access to more intimate, less-traveled ports, SeaDream had a reduced risk built into its operations. We have now invested in equipment, education, and methods that will help further ensure everyone’s safety.
Our Commitment to You
SeaDream is committed to protecting your health and safety. These are some of the things we are doing to ensure safe sailing:
- Embarkation will be staggered with time slots between Noon to 6 PM or later if you have a late flight.
- Upon embarkation, you will be greeted by our Doctor who will take your sample and run the test using Abbott ID Now machine which will give the negative result within 15 minutes.
- Using a Thermal Scanner, we will record your temperature for a daily temperature log. This Scanner will also be used while re-embarking the Yacht after any shoreside visits. This takes just a second.
- While entering the Yacht, you will notice special floor mats which are there to clean and sanitize your shoes.
- Your stateroom will be pre-sanitized using Altapure AP-4 which is an advanced ultrasonic fogger used for high-level disinfection in hospitals, burn units, and clean rooms.
- Our hospital onboard is well stocked with all necessary medications and PPE. Each Yacht has an experienced doctor onboard at your service.
- We will use UV lamps, in addition, to sanitize the staterooms on a daily basis.
- Our crew members also undergo frequent health checks to ensure safety on board.
- All our crew members are certified for the WHO’s Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) for novel coronavirus course and CoVid-19 Contact tracing course from Johns Hopkins University.
- Our crew members will serve you and carefully place your buffet selections onto your plate as you request.
- Onshore excursions will be limited to predesignated places in an organized fashion.
What You Can Do
We are counting on you to help us ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone on board. As we sail during these unprecedented times, we appreciate your patience, cooperation, and flexibility as we try to adapt to changing circumstances. If you would like to join us on an unforgettable trip to Barbados this winter, this is what we ask of you:
Travel Healthy Make sure you are healthy before you travel. You should get a Covid RT-PCR test done 48-72 hrs prior to flying to Barbados. You can expect another test at the Airport on arrival.
Wash Hands Make sure to wash your hands frequently and maintain good hygiene. We will provide alcohol-based hand sanitizer and soap.
Social Distancing Please keep a polite distance from other guests. Our spacious yachts offer plenty of open spaces and opportunities to relax while observing social distancing.
Work With Us We ask that you collaborate with our crew to create a safe environment on board for everyone. If the advice from health authorities changes and we need to quickly adapt our protocols, we appreciate your flexibility and understanding.