The holiday season is upon us and you know what that brings, the wonderful flavor of Ginger Bread. Ideally we would love for you to be sailing through the warm Caribbean with us but if you are not able to make it you can take a little piece of SeaDream with you by making our signature Ginger Bread Souffle.
This is our gift to you, the recipe from Executive Chef – Alistair Solomons, Enjoy with family and friends this holiday season!
Ginger Bread Soufflé
- 250ml milk
- 125gr Butter
- 140gr Flour
- 8 egg whites
- 8 egg yolk
- 150gr sugar
- 3gr Ginger powder
- 3gr cinnamon powder
- 3gr cardamon powder
- 3gr nutmeg powder
- 2gr clove powder
- Preheat oven to 400° F / 200° C
- Cook the milk and the butter together.
- Remove the pan from the stove and add the flour and all the spices
- Whisk the mixture and bring to a boil over medium heat
- Put the mixture in a separate bowl and add 1 by 1 the egg yolks
- Whisk the egg whites and the sugar until stiff peaks form
- Fold the egg whites slowly into the mixture
- Pipe in soufflé cups which are buttered and sugared
- Bake in a hot oven about 16-17 minutes on 400° F / 200° C
Good Luck and enjoy!
Alistair Solomons- Executive Chef