SEADREAM YACHT CLUB ANNOUNCES 2015 WINE VOYAGES
– Boutique Ports Paired with Intimate Culinary Experiences –MIAMI, Jan. 06, 2015 – After the successful debut of SeaDream Yacht Club’s Wine Voyages in 2014, eight vino-intensive voyages have been added to the 2015 season. Showcasing the most picturesque yachting ports of the Mediterranean on five to nine-day sailings, each dedicated Wine Voyage provides guests with heightened wine experiences including sit-down tastings featuring wineries from regions visited, a Wine Master Class Tasting led by an internationally recognized wine expert and one tasting held by a top winemaker. At an exclusive Winemaker’s Dinner taking place onboard, the chef will craft a special menu to match the wine of the winemaker joining for the evening. Together with SeaDream’s Wine Director Erica Landin, additional casual tastings are organized throughout sailings to highlight local producers or favorite wines from the SeaDream cellar. “The cuisine onboard SeaDream Yacht Club continues to receive rave reviews from past guests as our culinary team incorporates local ingredients of the ports we visit as only possible sailing with 112 guests,” shares SeaDream Yacht Club President Bob Lepisto. “Our extensive 2015 Wine Voyages build on this tradition by pairing legendary vineyards with expert instructors and winemakers to develop a truly one-of-a-kind experience on land and sea.” SeaDream Wine Voyages add to the two mega-yachts’ innovative culinary and beverage program, which features the first and only full raw cuisine menu onboard as well as showcasing local delicacies from ports of call. Examples include: Civitavecchia (Rome) to Dubrovnik, Croatia Sailing SeaDream I Aug. 8 to 15 from Civitavecchia (Rome) to Dubrovnik, guests will enjoy a memorable meals paired with the great wines of Chianti and other regions. Onboard this sailing is Wine Writer Anthony Rose of the British daily newspaper The Independent and Decanter Magazine, who will take guests on a tasting tour of the Italian greats including super-Tuscans as well as mini-tastings of wine from regions passing including Sicily, Puglia and Manduria. Special Wine Land Adventures include a visit to Cantina Benanti with owner, Antonio Benanti in Sicily and an intimate tour of Cantine Marisa Cuomo with Marisa Cuomo in Positano, Italy. Civitavecchia (Rome) to Malaga, Spain Guests onboard the 112-guest mega-yacht for the Oct. 23 to Nov. 1 voyage sailing from Civitavecchia (Rome) to Malaga, Spain will be hosted by Guy de Rivoire, international export director of the Bollinger champagne house in Monaco, as he guides them through a tasting from rosé to vintage wines followed by a special Winemaker’s Dinner. On the same voyage, the head winemaker and/or one of the Martínez Bujanda family, owners of the Finca Valpiedra Winery, will present a special tasting menu onboard. Exclusive Wine Land Adventures on this voyage include a visit to the 1500-acre private estate of Château de Berne, Sanary-sur-Mer, the Cavas Recaredo winery in Sant Sardurní d’Anoia hosted by winery founder’s grandson, Ton Mata while docked in Barcelona, and the Simon Coll Chocolate Factory. Below is a full listing of SeaDream’s 2015 Wine Voyage itineraries:
- Malaga to Monte Carlo Wine Voyage, departing May 1.
- Monte Carlo round trip Wine Voyage, departing May 9.
- Monte Carlo round trip Wine Voyage, departing May 16.
- Civitavecchia (Rome) to Dubrovnik Wine Voyage, departing August 8.
- Dubrovnik to Venice, departing August 29.
- Dubrovnik to Civitavecchia (Rome), departing Sept. 12.
- Civitavecchia (Rome) round trip, departing Sept. 26.
- Civitavecchia (Rome) to Malaga, departing Oct. 23.