SEADREAM YACHT CLUB NAMES IDA ELISABETH DONHEIM WINE DIRECTOR
– To Lead Evolving Wine Voyages and Programming –MIAMI, June 15, 2015 – SeaDream Yacht Club continues its commitment to award-winning culinary experiences and evolving Wine Voyages with the announcement of Elisabeth Dønheim as wine director effective Sept. 1, 2015. In this role, the seasoned sommelier and chef will lead concept development of the wine program in collaboration with respective departments, onboard crew and vintner partners across the globe. Donheim most recently served as hotel manager at the Hotel Angvik known for delivering one of the most innovative culinary experiences in Norway. Her hospitality pedigree includes manager of Norway’s Vårsøg Hotel, chef at London’s legendary three Michelin star restaurant Fat Duck and sous chef for the Hotel Britannia in Trondheim. “The wine program of SeaDream Yacht Club is unmatched and the intimacy of only 112 guests allows us to deliver an experience with world-class wine makers and vintners in a casual format,” shares Dønheim. “I look forward to forging relationships with wineries to provide one-of-a-kind shore excursions and bring leading wine authorities to SeaDream I and SeaDream II.” As newly named Wine Director, Dønheim is tasked to develop 2016 Wine Voyages; however, five Wine Voyage itineraries remain in the 2015 Mediterranean season. Showcasing the most picturesque yachting ports of the region, each of these dedicated Wine Voyages provides guests with heightened wine experiences including seated tastings featuring wineries from regions visited, a Wine Master Class Tasting led by an internationally recognized wine expert and one tasting held by a top winemaker. At an exclusive Winemaker’s Dinner taking place onboard, the chef will craft a special menu to complement the wine of the winemaker joining for the evening. Casual tastings are organized throughout sailings to highlight local producers or favorite wines from the SeaDream cellar. “It is an exciting time for SeaDream Yacht Club, watching our Wine Voyages take off in popularity with both past guests and those new to our unique style of sailing,” shares SeaDream Yacht Club President Bob Lepisto. “We welcome Elisabeth’s leadership and commitment to continually raising the bar on these voyages and our entire wine program.” 2015 SeaDream Yacht Club Wine Voyage examples include the following: Civitavecchia (Rome) to Dubrovnik, Croatia Sailing SeaDream I Aug. 8 to 15 from Civitavecchia (Rome) to Dubrovnik, guests will enjoy memorable meals paired with the great wines of Chianti and other regions. Onboard this sailing is wine writer Anthony Rose of the British daily newspaper The Independent and Decanter Magazine, who will take guests on a tasting tour of the Italian greats including super-Tuscans as well as mini-tastings of wine from regions passing including Sicily, Puglia and Manduria. Special Wine Land Adventures include a visit to Cantina Benanti with owner, Antonio Benanti in Sicily and an intimate tour of Cantine Marisa Cuomo with Marisa Cuomo in Positano, Italy. Civitavecchia (Rome) to Malaga, Spain Guests onboard the 112-guest mega-yacht for the Oct. 23 to Nov. 1 voyage from Civitavecchia (Rome) to Malaga, Spain will be hosted by Guy de Rivoire, international export director of the Bollinger champagne house in Monaco, as he guides them through a tasting from rosé to vintage wines followed by a special Winemaker’s Dinner. On the same voyage, the head winemaker and/or one of the Martínez Bujanda family, owners of the Finca Valpiedra Winery, will present a special tasting menu onboard. Exclusive Wine Land Adventures on this voyage include a visit to the 1500-acre private estate of Château de Berne, Sanary-sur-Mer, the Cavas Recaredo winery in Sant Sardurní d’Anoia hosted by winery founder’s grandson, Ton Mata while docked in Barcelona, and the Simon Coll Chocolate Factory. Below is a full listing of remaining SeaDream’s Wine Voyage itineraries for 2015:
- Civitavecchia (Rome) to Dubrovnik Wine Voyage, departing Aug. 8.
- Dubrovnik to Venice, departing Aug. 29.
- Dubrovnik to Civitavecchia (Rome), departing Sept. 12.
- Civitavecchia (Rome) round trip, departing Sept. 26.
- Civitavecchia (Rome) to Malaga, departing Oct. 23.