After Pausing Sailings in Mid March, SeaDream Resumes Operations in Norway
After pausing voyages in March, SeaDream Yacht Club has revealed plans to begin sailing in Norway in June 2020. SeaDream Yacht Club is pleased to announce it is now accepting reservations for 9 new 2020 Norwegian voyages. The newly unveiled voyages, kicking off June 2020 through September, include hand-picked destinations by SeaDream’s Norwegian founder and owner, Atle Brynestad.
As the COVID-19 pandemic developed, SeaDream was able to avoid contamination thanks to stringent sanitation procedures, excellent medical infrastructure on board, and the crew’s professionalism. However, the company decided to pause operations because of travel restrictions. The Yachts were repositioned to Lisbon where the crew chose to stay on board have been busy doing maintenance and upgrades. The installation of a basketball hoop by the pool deck, yoga, and other activities have kept them busy and active. The Chefs have spent the time coming up with new dishes, and the deck crew has painted, replaced teak deck, and other maintenance tasks without inconveniencing guests onboard.
For almost 20 years, SeaDream has set its own standards when it comes to service and cleanliness. This has allowed the company to promptly resume sailing safely. SeaDream continues to closely monitor the global health and travel restrictions with the agility to adapt our itineraries as needed.
“It has been very apparent from our frequent video calls with the onboard teams that without our guests, the yachts are simply not the same and that the crew genuinely miss serving our loyal guests,” said SeaDream’s Andreas Brynestad. While SeaDream usually operates in the Caribbean and Mediterranean, the Yachts have been to Norway before. But this time they are going further north past the Arctic Circle so that guests can experience the midnight sun, the spectacular Lofoten Fjords, and Tromsø. “We believe that there is no better way to experience Norway this summer than onboard SeaDream. We know our guests will enjoy the SeaDream experience of casual elegance and gourmet dining accompanied by the most beautiful backdrop in the world. Our yachts offer a naturally healthy, outdoor environment where space, fresh air, and healthy food have always been a central component. We are so excited to be back doing what we do best – bringing our signature SeaDream service to our loyal guests.” said Andreas Brynestad.
The newly-announced voyages include two options: a 7-day voyage to Bergen and a 12-day voyage with 3 days in Lofoten, one of Norway’s premier destinations. SeaDream’s voyages are unlike any other luxury travel experience. With an onboard lifestyle that exemplifies casual yachting, SeaDream sails to some of the region’s smallest ports and harbors, affording guests the opportunity to feel as if they are on their own private escape.
Norwegian itinerary highlights include:
- Bergen – Known to Norwegians as “the Heart of the Fjords”, Bergen is the second-largest city in Norway. Two 7-day voyages will embark in Bergen and disembark in Oslo, with a third voyage embarking in Oslo and disembarking in Bergen. Additionally, all six of the 12-day voyages will offer opportunities to explore Bergen’s houses on hillsides, cobblestone alleys, and world-renowned gastronomy.
- Olden – A small village located at the mouth of the Oldeelva river, Olden is Norway’s gateway to the glaciers. SeaDream guests will have the opportunity to explore its steep mountains and roaring waterfalls as well as many historic sites on all nine voyages.
- Ålesund – SeaDream guests will delight in the Art Nouveau architecture and scenic landscapes of this town which stretches across several islands in the Atlantic Ocean. This destination is included in all nine of SeaDream’s new Norwegian itineraries.
- Lofoten – A long-beloved summer destination for Norwegians, the Lofoten Islands are draped across the Norwegian Sea, far above the Arctic Circle. SeaDream guests onboard the 12-day voyages will enjoy 3 days in Lofoten filled with unforgettable views of majestic mountains, breathtaking fjords, and surf-swept beaches while basking in up to 24 hours of sunlight per day.
- Additional new ports in the new itineraries include Geiranger, Flam, Rosendal, Skagen, Rorvk, and Tromso.
These new Norwegian voyages will be enhanced by an expansive selection of new and exciting Yachting Land Adventures to ensure guests have the opportunity to experience the best each port has to offer with one-of-a-kind adventures.
The SeaDream experience is known for its personalized, award-winning service, 5-star cuisine, intimate ports and exceptional onboard features such as the Balinese Dream Beds to sleep under the stars and the Watersports Marina complete with water toys for the perfect yachting vacation.
For more information on SeaDream and booking the newly unveiled 2020 Norwegian voyages, please visit www.seadream.no.