Aix en Provence
From the marina at Sanary-sur-Mer you will take a drive through bucolic scenery and up to to the charming old town of Aix en Provence. Many villages, but few towns, are as well preserved as this elegant, traditional capital of Provence. She boasts two of France's most creative geniuses among her sons: the impressionist Paul Cezanne and novelist Emile Zola. Stroll with your guide on a walking tour through the narrow cobblestone lanes of the Vieux Aix (old town Aix) sector as you make your way to the celebrated Cours Mirableau Avenue. Flanked with intertwining plane trees, it is the town's nerve center and divides Vieux Aix in two, with the medieval streets to the north and the sophisticated, haughty 18th-century mansions to the south. The Cathedrale Saint Sauveur is another highlight with its remarkable 15th-century triptych by Nicolas Froment and the carved pillars and slender colonnades of the lovely and tranquil Romanesque cloisters. After the guided portion of your tour, free time is afforded to explore the lovely environs of cafes and boutiques before returning to Sanary and the SeaDream quay.
Notes: A minimum participation is required to operate all Yachting Land Adventures and some have limited capacity. All tours in the SeaDream Yachting Land Adventures program are subject to change.
Duration: 4,5 hours
Price: 139 USD
Voyages where this land adventure may be found:
- May 09, 2020 - Malaga to Nice
- May 22, 2020 - Civitavecchia (Rome) to Nice
- Oct 17, 2020 - Civitavecchia (Rome) to Malaga
- May 07, 2020 - Timeless Journey
- Apr 27, 2020 - Bridgetown to Nice
- May 14, 2020 - Barcelona to Nice
- Sep 30, 2020 - Venice to Malaga
- Sep 30, 2020 - Venice to San Juan
- Jul 24, 2021 - Barcelona to Civitavecchia (Rome)
- Jun 12, 2021 - Civitavecchia (Rome) to Marseille