Cycladic Cuisine - "Hands-On" Greek Cooking "ADDITIONAL SPACE"
Learn about Greece's rich gastronomical culture from a Greek chef who also shares the heritage of Santorini Island. This Yachting Land Adventure begins at with a tender to the small port of Skala and a cable car up to the town of Fira to meet the local guide. Walk through the narrow cobblestone streets to board a mini-bus for a drive to the village of Megalochori, one of the traditional settlements of the island. Walk through the cobblestone streets and admire the impressive mansions before reaching a charming restaurant located within one of its old traditional mansions. Enjoy a glass of Santorini wine and some local snacks with the owner, who is a well-known chef. The chef and his team provide a brief introduction to Cycladic island cuisine and particularly to the local products of Santorini such as capers, fava (small yellow peas), cherry tomatoes and local cheeses. As this is an interactive "hands on" cooking class, you put on your apron and get ready to mix the ingredients to prepare an entire Greek menu consisting of the appetizers, salad, a main course and dessert. Then sit back in the beautiful and relaxing veranda and enjoy a tasty Greek meal accompanied by delicious Santorini wine. Take home a recipe booklet of the dishes prepared today and keep the apron to use at a BBQ back home! Following a memorable experience, board the coach for Fira town to either explore further or return via cable car to catch the tender back to the SeaDream yacht.
Notes: Flat and comfortable walking shoes are highly recommended. A minimum participation is required to operate all Yachting Land Adventures and some have limited capacity. All adventures in the SeaDream Yachting Land Adventures program are subject to change. Final departures times will be published onboard. The four-hour duration is approximate.
Duration: 4 hours
Price: 209 USD
Voyages where this land adventure may be found:
- Jun 26, 2022 - Classic Greece & the Adriatic Coast
- Aug 14, 2022 - Greek Isles & the Corinth Canal
- Sep 03, 2022 - Greek & Turkish Odyssey
- May 23, 2023 - Israel, Cyprus & Greece Journey
- Jun 03, 2023 - Greek Odyssey
- Jul 15, 2023 - Turkey & the Greek Isles
- Jul 22, 2023 - East Meets West
- Sep 16, 2023 - Turkey & the Greek Isles
- Sep 23, 2023 - Turkey & the Greek Isles
- Sep 30, 2023 - Greece & Israel Antiquities
- Sep 19, 2022 - The Best of Greece & Sicily
- Aug 03, 2024 - Greek Journey to Ephesus
- Aug 09, 2024 - Engaging Istanbul & the Greek Isles
- Aug 16, 2024 - Turkey & the Greek Isles
- Aug 23, 2024 - Greek Odyssey
- Aug 30, 2024 - Greek Odyssey
- Sep 23, 2024 - Greece & Israel Antiquities