Santa Maria di Leuca From the Sea
This is a unique opportunity to potentially witness two seas come together on a boat expedition that also includes stops for swimming and viewing of Southern Italy’s unique coastal sea cave system.
At “the end of the world”, or another name for Santa Maria di Leuca; the Adriatic and Ionian seas meet, and you have an opportunity to observe this magical event onboard a local boat. With proper sea conditions, it is often possible to see a line of separation between the two seas, resulting from the mixing of the currents coming from the Gulf of Taranto and the Strait of Otranto. As the boat travels along the rugged coastline, you will spot many sea caves and even stopping at 2 different locations. Depending upon the weather conditions; there is an opportunity to take a swim and explore the sea caves during this exceptional Yachting Land Adventure.
This Yachting Land Adventure requires confirmation to operate 48 hours before the arrival. Therefore, any guest bookings that cancel within 48 hours will be subject to 100% cancellation penalty. This tour is subject to sea and weather conditions and may be cancelled (even the same day) in case of adverse conditions effecting safely operating the tour. A minimum participation is required to operate all Yachting Land Adventures, and some may have limited capacity. All adventures in the SeaDream Yachting Land Adventures program are subject to change. Final departure times will be published on-board.
Port: Santa Maria di Leuca
Duration: 3 hours
Price: 199 USD
Voyages where this land adventure may be found:
- Jul 27, 2022 - Grand Mediterranean & Adriatic Explorer
- Aug 31, 2022 - Old World Dalmatian Coast
- Sep 19, 2022 - The Best of Greece & Sicily
- Jun 24, 2023 - Grand Mediterranean & Adriatic Explorer
- Jul 04, 2023 - Grand Mediterranean & Adriatic Explorer
- Aug 22, 2023 - Grand Mediterranean & Adriatic Explorer
- Sep 09, 2023 - Secluded Southern Italy & Greece
- Jun 06, 2023 - Mediterranean & Adriatic Old World Charm
- Aug 03, 2024 - Enchanting Greece, Sicily & Malta
- Aug 18, 2024 - Grand Mediterranean & Adriatic Explorer