Charming Hydra Stroll
Discover the numerous beauties of Hydra on foot since no vehicles other than “donkeys” are allowed on this tiny island and enrich your photo collection with stunning pictures.
The charm of Hydra town certainly lies in her rich history, beautiful port and waterfront unspoiled by motorized vehicles. However the island itself Also offers a rugged charm and some spectacular scenes.
Together with your guide start your walking exploration through the island's historical landmarks. The first stop will be the Hydra Museum Historical Archives where you may admire 19th century paintings of considerable artistic value as well as rich documental and photographic material detailing the long maritime tradition and history of the island.
Continuing your stroll around the port you will visit the Church of the Dormitian, which houses splendid icons, chandeliers and other offerings from the wealthy seafarers of the island. It is even said one of the chandeliers was stolen from Louis XIV and given to the church. Enjoy a coffee or a refreshment together with Hydra's local sweet " amygdaloto" at a promenade local coffee shop.
Next, take the road uphill to reach Koudouriotis Mansion, one of the finest examples of the traditional 18th and 19th century architecture of Hydra. Built in 1780 by the ship owner Lazaros Koundouriotis, it now houses various items from the National Historical Museum of Athens, such as traditional costumes, jewellery, fine embroideries, pottery and wood-carvings. Enjoy a leisurely walk-through Hydra's little alleys and impressive stone houses before you return back to the yacht.
Notes: This tour sequence can vary to avoid congestion at the venues. A minimum participation is required to operate all Yachting Land Adventures and some have limited capacity. All adventures in the SeaDream Yachting Land Adventures program are subject to change. Departure time will be announced on board.
Duration: 3 hours
Price: 159 USD
Voyages where this land adventure may be found:
- Jul 23, 2022 - Classic Greece & the Adriatic Coast
- Aug 27, 2022 - Turkey & the Greek Isles
- Sep 03, 2022 - Greek & Turkish Odyssey
- Sep 19, 2022 - The Best of Greece & Sicily
- Sep 12, 2022 - Greek Island Discovery
- Aug 14, 2022 - Greek Isles & the Corinth Canal
- May 13, 2023 - Greece, Italy & Malta
- Jul 08, 2023 - Greek Island Discovery
- Jul 15, 2023 - Turkey & the Greek Isles
- Sep 09, 2023 - Secluded Southern Italy & Greece
- Sep 16, 2023 - Turkey & the Greek Isles
- Oct 11, 2023 - Grand Greece & Italian Discovery
- Jul 17, 2022 - Grand Greece & Italian Discovery
- Aug 31, 2024 - Greek Odyssey
- Oct 05, 2024 - Greek & Italian Discovery
- Jul 27, 2024 - Greek Isles & the Corinth Canal
- Jun 09, 2024 - Secluded Southern Italy & Greece
- Jun 23, 2024 - Turkey & the Greek Isles
- Jul 19, 2024 - Greek Isles & the Corinth Canal
- Jul 27, 2024 - Greek Journey to Ephesus
- Aug 03, 2024 - Enchanting Greece, Sicily & Malta