Ascent of Mt. Etna
Board 4x4 vans for a portion of the ascent to one of the greatest European Volcanos - Mt. Etna. Admire the unique volcanic scenery and at the base of the crater where a alpine guide will escort you to the 2,800 meter level for magnificent views of the volcanic craters of Etna!
Depart from the port for a dramatic drive via air-conditioned motor coach to the slopes of Europe's largest active volcano. The road winds its way through small villages, lemon groves, orchards, vineyards, chestnut and pinewoods. Gradually encounter the hardened lava fields scattered with volcanic cones. Enjoy the view from the Silvestri Craters located at an altitude of 6200 feet and surrounded by hardened lava flow. Appreciate this eerie, unique scenery and travel to the next level by cable car. Finally, board 4x4 vans for the drive to the base of the crater, to meet Alpine guides who lead the twenty-minute walk up as close as possible to the crater's edge. Then it's back down, winding through the fields and villages for a return to Taormina and the SeaDream yacht.
Notes: A minimum participation is required to operate all Yachting Land Adventures and some have limited capacity. All adventures in the SeaDream Yachting Land Adventures program are subject to change. Final departure time will be announced on board.
Be sure to wear comfortable walking shoes, as some of the uphill walking will be on loosed volcanic shingle.
Also, it is important to bring a warm jacket, as the wind on top of the mountain can be strong and cold. There is a restaurant at the crater base and time available where guests can purchase their own snacks independently or a box lunch may be provided depending upon the departure time.
Port: Taormina (Etna) Sicily
Duration: 5.5 hours
Price: 265 USD
Voyages where this land adventure may be found:
- Jul 17, 2022 - Grand Greece & Italian Discovery
- Jul 27, 2022 - Grand Mediterranean & Adriatic Explorer
- Oct 02, 2022 - Grand Mediterranean Island Journey
- Oct 13, 2022 - Southern Italy Wine Journey
- Sep 19, 2022 - The Best of Greece & Sicily
- May 13, 2023 - Greece, Italy & Malta
- Sep 30, 2023 - Southern Italy & the Tyrrhenian Isles
- Jun 24, 2023 - Grand Mediterranean & Adriatic Explorer
- Jul 04, 2023 - Grand Mediterranean & Adriatic Explorer
- Jul 22, 2023 - Italian Seaside Sojourn
- Jul 29, 2023 - Southern Italy & the Tyrrhenian Isles
- Aug 05, 2023 - Secluded Southern Italy & Greece
- Aug 22, 2023 - Grand Mediterranean & Adriatic Explorer
- Sep 02, 2023 - Southern Italy & the Tyrrhenian Isles
- Sep 09, 2023 - Secluded Southern Italy & Greece
- Oct 11, 2023 - Grand Greece & Italian Discovery
- Jun 06, 2023 - Mediterranean & Adriatic Old World Charm
- Aug 31, 2022 - Old World Dalmatian Coast
- May 12, 2024 - Sorrentine Peninsula Sojourn
- Jul 06, 2024 - Amalfi Coast to the Adriatic Sea
- Sep 16, 2024 - Secluded Southern Italy & Greece
- Oct 05, 2024 - Greek & Italian Discovery
- Jun 09, 2024 - Southern Italy Sojourn
- Jun 02, 2024 - Southern Italy & the Tyrrhenian Isles
- Jun 09, 2024 - Secluded Southern Italy & Greece
- Aug 03, 2024 - Enchanting Greece, Sicily & Malta
- Aug 18, 2024 - Grand Mediterranean & Adriatic Explorer
- Aug 28, 2024 - Grand Mediterranean & Adriatic Explorer
- Sep 07, 2024 - Southern Italy & the Tyrrhenian Isles