Lipari Island Overview
The Aeolian Islands are a volcanic archipelago in the Tyrrhenian Sea north of Sicily. Lipari is the largest of these Aeolian Islands and was created through a series of seven volcanic eruptions. Today's Yachting Land Adventure is a laid-back drive that offers some of the highlights of the island. Included are stops at panoramic viewpoints as well as at the obsidian and pumice quarries (formerly the two largest exports of the area). At the cliff top, there is time offered to explore with your guide the citadel, beautiful Spanish Castle and the San Bartolomeo Cathedral.
Lipari's Archeological Museum is considered one of the most important in Italy for the Neolithic period and some time with your guide is afforded inside for a better understanding of the fascinating history of this area.
Notes: A minimum participation is required to operate all Yachting Land Adventures and some have limited capacity. All adventures in the SeaDream Yachting Land Adventures program are subject to change. Final departure time will be announced on board.
Transportation can not come directly to the pier. Guests on this Yachting Land Adventure will have a leisurely 20 minute walk through the town to reach the coach.
Port: Lipari, Sicily
Duration: 4 hours
Price: 119 USD
Voyages where this land adventure may be found:
- Jul 17, 2022 - Grand Greece & Italian Discovery
- Sep 11, 2022 - Sicily, Amalfi & Beyond
- Oct 22, 2022 - Southern Italy & the Tyrrhenian Isles
- Aug 05, 2023 - Italian Romance
- Sep 30, 2023 - Southern Italy & the Tyrrhenian Isles
- Jul 22, 2023 - Italian Seaside Sojourn
- Jul 29, 2023 - Southern Italy & the Tyrrhenian Isles
- Sep 02, 2023 - Southern Italy & the Tyrrhenian Isles
- Oct 11, 2023 - Grand Greece & Italian Discovery
- Jun 06, 2023 - Mediterranean & Adriatic Old World Charm
- Jun 16, 2024 - Sicily, Amalfi & Beyond
- Jul 06, 2024 - Amalfi Coast to the Adriatic Sea
- Jun 02, 2024 - Southern Italy & the Tyrrhenian Isles
- Aug 11, 2024 - Sorrentine Peninsula Sojourn
- Sep 07, 2024 - Southern Italy & the Tyrrhenian Isles
- Sep 14, 2024 - Southern Italy & the Tyrrhenian Isles