The Soualiga Sky Explorer and Flying Dutchman
Enjoy it all, the Soualiga Sky Explorer, the Sentry Hill zip line, the Schooner and the main attraction, the Flying Dutchman.
You will be transferred from Marigot to the Rainforest Adventure Park in Dutch Cul de Sac, close to Philipsburg, capital of the Dutch side. Here you will go through the check-in procedure upon arrival and be given a wrist band with an embedded chip, which will take photos of you using cameras strategically located along the various rides. First stop will be the Emilio Wilson Museum, located in the renovated plantation house built in the 1700’s. Here, you can learn about St. Maarten’s history, as well as very interesting information about the Caribbean and slavery in general. After this first stop, you will board the Soualiga Sky Explorer to travel to the mid-way point, where you will board The Schooner to surf down the mountain on this exhilarating 40” large inner tube ride on a specially designed 657-foot track has curves and straightaways, that you get to ride twice!
Back you hop on the Soualiga lift to go up to the transfer station, almost at the top of Sentry Hill. Here you will make a stop to enjoy the Sentry Hill Zip Line, a traditional 500-meter, four-span line that traverses the mountain ridge. The perfect combination of hiking and zip line! Then you will continue the short ride up to the top of the mountain. Here, from several walkways and platforms that encircle the mountaintop, you can enjoy a 360 degrees view - which is simply amazing – and includes vistas of neighboring islands Saba, St. Barth, St. Eustatius (Statia) and Anguilla. Be sure to bring your camera. Finally, the grand finale of the tour, The Flying Dutchman, the main attraction of the park and the steepest zip line in the world. You’ll experience the thrill of a lifetime, harnessed in a chair, and launched down the mountain on a flight line dropping 1050 feet in elevation over 2800 ft. Once again on terra firma, you can enjoy a refreshing cocktail at Emilio’s, the park’s restaurant, which is housed in the old sugarcane boiling house of the plantation. There is time to browse the gift shop and check for your photos before returning to the yacht waiting in Marigot.
Notes: A minimum participation is required to operate all Yachting Land Adventures and some have limited capacity. All adventures in the SeaDream Yachting Land Adventures program are subject to change. Final departure times will be published onboard.
The Flying Dutchman
Height range: min. 52 – max. 80 inches.
Weight range: min. 100 – max. 275 pounds.
This Yachting Land Adventure sequence can vary and operates from an outdoor facility which is dependent upon weather conditions. Please wear closed toe shoes and comfortable knee-length shorts for the attractions. For safety reasons, please always keep your hands free during the rides except for the Soualiga Sky Explorer and on the viewing platforms, where you can use your DSLR Cameras, Phones and GoPros.
Duration: 4.5 hours
Price: 279 USD
Voyages where this land adventure may be found:
- Nov 12, 2023 - Seafaring Autumn Journey I
- Dec 16, 2023 - Grand Leeward Islands
- Dec 23, 2023 - Virgin Islands Celebration
- Feb 17, 2024 - Leeward Islands Discovery
- Oct 26, 2024 - Transatlantic Autumn Voyage I
- Nov 30, 2024 - Windward Islands Explorer
- Nov 16, 2024 - Windward Islands Explorer
- Jan 14, 2024 - French & British Caribbean Charm
- Nov 30, 2024 - Best of British Virgin Islands & St. Barths
- Mar 08, 2025 - British & French Islands Explorer
- Nov 02, 2025 - Transatlantic Autumn Voyage II
- Nov 25, 2023 - Leeward Islands Discovery
- Dec 07, 2024 - Leeward Islands Discovery
- Nov 08, 2024 - Leeward Islands Adventure
- Nov 16, 2025 - Windward Islands Discovery
- Feb 01, 2025 - British & French Islands Explorer
- Mar 01, 2025 - British & French Islands Explorer
- Feb 10, 2024 - British & French Islands Discovery