Firefly Plantation & Tastings
A short ride from the tender pier is the fantastic Firefly Plantation tempting you to explore the grounds while visiting the beautiful island of Bequia. Here rustic charm meets island chic in this 20th century property which hosts a plantation, hotel, restaurant and sea salt producing shop.
Built on the foundations of an 18th century estate homestead, the Firefly Plantation is a gem in the countryside. The 30-acre property is a modern working plantation with many fruit and flowering trees. Take a walk through the gentle hillsides with the Head Gardener as he reveals the history of the gardens and the area. He will also reveal the many different fruits and tropical plants growing on site. You even have an opportunity to taste ripe fruits directly from the trees. The bountiful garden has citrus, plums, breadfruit and mango trees, among others.
At the Firefly Plantation, you will experience a Grenadine Sea Salt orientation and tasting that will have you thinking differently about Sea Salt. The natural harvesting of lower-sodium, low-chloride salts with higher mineral proportions and flavoured with local natural ingredients creates delicious products for seasoning gourmet cuisine or even for meats on the grill.
After the introduction to the Grenadine Sea Salts; you return to the Firefly Restaurant. Here a refreshing fruit drink, made fresh from the garden, will be served as you enjoy the hotel ambiance. Afterwards, it will be time to climb aboard your island-style vehicle for the scenic trip back to the tender pier. The salt-tasting shop is located on the property. You can make a stop at the shop while enjoying your drink.
Notes: Tour sequence may vary. A minimum participation is required to operate all Yachting Land Adventures, and some may have limited capacity. All adventures in the SeaDream Yachting Land Adventures program are subject to change. Final departure times will be published on-board. Not all Bequia Yachting Land Adventures listed may be operating on every voyage.
Port: Port Elizabeth, Bequia
Duration: 2 hours
Price: 79 USD
Voyages where this land adventure may be found:
- Dec 03, 2022 - Windward & Leeward Islands Getaway
- Dec 27, 2022 - Tropical New Year's
- Feb 26, 2023 - Windward & Leeward Islands
- Mar 05, 2023 - Windward Islands Getaway
- Mar 11, 2023 - Windward Islands Discovery
- Mar 18, 2023 - Windward Islands Discovery
- Jan 05, 2023 - The Grenadines, St. Lucia & Tobago
- Jan 13, 2023 - The Grenadines, St. Lucia & Tobago
- Jan 06, 2024 - West Indies Explorer
- Jan 28, 2024 - Saba, the Grenadines & Beyond
- Mar 31, 2024 - Saba, the Grenadines & Beyond
- Apr 07, 2024 - The Glorious Grenadines
- Apr 14, 2024 - The Glorious Grenadines
- Nov 16, 2024 - Windward Islands Explorer
- Nov 23, 2024 - The Glorious Grenadines
- Mar 25, 2023 - Grand Windward & Leeward Islands
- Dec 29, 2023 - Tropical New Year's
- Feb 04, 2024 - British Virigin Islands Beauty
- Jan 11, 2025 - The Glorious Grenadines
- Jan 18, 2025 - Windward & British Virgin Islands
- Feb 22, 2025 - West Indies Explorer
- Mar 01, 2025 - French West Indies & the Grenadines
- Mar 08, 2025 - Windward & British Virgin Islands
- Mar 22, 2025 - French West Indies & the Grenadines
- Mar 29, 2025 - West Indies Explorer
- Apr 05, 2025 - West Indies Explorer
- Apr 12, 2025 - British & French Islands Discovery