Firefly Plantation & Sea Salt Tasting
A short ride from the tender pier is the fantastic Firefly Plantation tempting you to explore the grounds while visiting the beautiful island of Bequia. Here rustic charm meets island chic in this 20th century property which hosts a plantation, hotel, restaurant and sea salt producing shop.
Built on the foundations of an 18th century estate homestead, the Firefly Plantation is a gem in the countryside. The 30-acre property is a modern working plantation with many fruit and flowering trees. Take a walk through the gentle hillsides with the Head Gardener as he reveals the history of the gardens and the area. He will also reveal the many different fruits and tropical plants growing on site. You even have an opportunity to sample ripe fruits directly from the trees. The bountiful garden has citrus, plums, breadfruit and mango trees, among others.
At the Firefly Plantation, you will experience a Grenadine Sea Salt orientation and tasting that will have you thinking differently about Sea Salt. The natural harvesting of lower-sodium, low-chloride salts with higher mineral proportions and flavoured with local natural ingredients creates delicious products for seasoning gourmet cuisine or even for meats on the grill.
After the introduction to the Grenadine Sea Salts; you return to the Firefly Restaurant. Here a refreshing fruit drink, made fresh from the garden, will be served as you enjoy the hotel ambiance. Afterwards, it will be time to climb aboard your island-style vehicle for the scenic trip back to the tender pier.
Notes: Tour sequence may vary. A minimum participation is required to operate all Yachting Land Adventures, and some may have limited capacity. All adventures in the SeaDream Yachting Land Adventures program are subject to change. Final departure times will be published on-board.
Port: Port Elizabeth, Bequia
Duration: 2 hours
Price: 69 USD
Voyages where this land adventure may be found:
- Nov 26, 2022 - Windward Islands Discovery
- Dec 03, 2022 - Windward & Leeward Islands Getaway
- Feb 26, 2023 - Windward & Leeward Islands
- Mar 05, 2023 - Windward Islands Getaway
- Mar 11, 2023 - Windward Islands Discovery
- Mar 18, 2023 - Windward Islands Discovery
- Mar 25, 2023 - Grand Windward & Leeward Islands
- Jan 05, 2023 - The Grenadines, St. Lucia & Tobago
- Jan 13, 2023 - The Grenadines, St. Lucia & Tobago
- Dec 29, 2023 - Tropical New Year's
- Dec 27, 2022 - Tropical New Year's
- Jan 06, 2024 - West Indies Explorer
- Jan 28, 2024 - Saba, the Grenadines & Beyond
- Feb 04, 2024 - British Virgin Islands Beauty
- Mar 31, 2024 - Saba, the Grenadines & Beyond
- Apr 07, 2024 - The Glorious Grenadines
- Apr 14, 2024 - The Glorious Grenadines
- Nov 16, 2024 - Windward Islands Explorer
- Nov 23, 2024 - The Glorious Grenadines