Plantations, Gardens & Rum - Oh My!
This refreshing yachting land adventure reveals the origins of Nevis’s sugar and rum industry with featured tastings and cocktails; plus visits the stunning Botanical Gardens and two historic plantations.
From the pier, your adventure in Nevis begins at a local shop that boasts almost 200 varieties of rums. Enjoy a unique rum tasting experience by sampling a selection of local and international rums with a local rum connoisseur, who shares the history and qualities of each rum. A highlight of this tasting will be preparing your own bottle of Clifton Estate Rum. This artisanal process involves pouring the spiced rum mixture into the classic bottle and applying the seal of your keepsake bottle.
Next you will travel on board your customized jitney bus as the driver-guide shares the history of Charlestown, including the story behind the Caribbean’s first 5 diamond resort and the historical St Paul’s Church. A visit to the Botanical Gardens will entice you to discover the abundant flora around you, before enjoying the signature cocktail ‘Purple Rain’, which is created from a special local flower ingredient from their garden.
Rejoin the bus toward the next stop at the Hermitage Plantation; with Gingerbread Cottages and a traditional Great House, this family-run hotel boasts the oldest wooden building in the Caribbean. Discover this storybook plantation and try their famous cocktail a ‘Hermitage’s Breeze’ at this magical venue!
Last but not least, head to a buzzing beach bar for a taste of Nevis’ most famous drink – the ‘Killer Bee’. Your taste for all the local drinks will now surely be satisfied and the ride back to your ship will just take a few minutes.
Notes: A non-alcoholic beverage option is available. Tour sequence can vary to avoid congestion at the venues. A minimum participation is required to operate all Yachting Land Adventures and some have limited capacity. All adventures in the SeaDream Yachting Land Adventures program are subject to change. The minimum age to participate is 25 years old.
Port: Charlestown, Nevis
Duration: 4 hours
Price: 219 USD
Voyages where this land adventure may be found:
- Dec 20, 2022 - Virgin Islands Celebration I
- Dec 04, 2022 - Leeward Islands Explorer
- Dec 27, 2022 - Tropical New Year's
- Feb 19, 2023 - Grand Leeward Islands
- Mar 25, 2023 - Grand Windward & Leeward Islands
- Jan 14, 2023 - Best of the Virgin Islands
- Feb 11, 2023 - British & French Islands Explorer
- Dec 08, 2022 - Leeward Islands Explorer
- Feb 10, 2024 - British & French Islands Discovery
- Jan 06, 2024 - Leeward Islands Discovery
- Nov 09, 2024 - Caribbean Dream
- Nov 16, 2024 - Leeward Islands Discovery
- Dec 14, 2024 - Leeward Islands Discovery
- Dec 21, 2024 - Caribbean Celebration II
- Nov 30, 2024 - Best of British Virgin Islands & St. Barths
- Nov 08, 2024 - Leeward Islands Adventure
- Nov 16, 2024 - Windward Islands Explorer
- Feb 04, 2023 - Leeward Islands Discovery
- Dec 09, 2023 - Grand Island Adventure
- Dec 16, 2023 - Best of the British Virgin Islands & St. Barths
- Apr 15, 2023 - Best of the Virgin Islands
- Dec 07, 2024 - Leeward Islands Discovery
- Dec 21, 2024 - Caribbean Celebration I
- Mar 03, 2024 - Virgin Islands Discovery
- Jan 25, 2025 - Leeward Islands Explorer
- Mar 29, 2025 - West Indies Explorer
- Jan 04, 2025 - Best of British Virgin Islands & St. Barths
- Jan 25, 2025 - Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas to Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
- Feb 08, 2025 - Leeward Islands Explorer
- Feb 15, 2025 - Leeward Islands Adventure
- Mar 08, 2025 - British & French Islands Explorer
- Mar 22, 2025 - Leeward Islands Adventure