Yachting Land Adventure
Plantations, Gardens & Rum
This refreshing yachting land adventure reveals the origins of Nevis’s sugar and rum industry with featured tastings and cocktails; plus visits the stunning Botanical Gardens and a historic plantation.
Today begins with traveling on board a customized jitney safari jeep as the driver-guide shares the history of Charlestown, including the story behind the Caribbean’s first 5 diamond resort and the historical St Paul’s Church. Charlestown was built in an area where it could be protected by Fort Charles and Fort Black Rocks. With its many historical churches and buildings, Charlestown gives you a glimpse of the past before heading to the next exciting stop, Clifton Estate Rum Distillery.
Enjoy a unique rum tasting experience by sampling a selection of local rums with a rum connoisseur, who shares the history and qualities of each rum. A highlight of this tasting will be preparing your own bottle of Clifton Estate Rum. This artisanal process involves pouring the spiced rum mixture into the classic bottle and applying the seal of your keepsake bottle.
Next you will visit the Botanical Gardens which will entice you to discover the abundant flora around you, before enjoying the signature cocktail ‘Purple Rain’, created from a special local flower ingredient from their garden.
Rejoin the bus toward the final stop at the Hermitage Plantation; with Gingerbread Cottages and a traditional Great House, this family-run hotel boasts the oldest wooden building in the Caribbean. Discover this storybook plantation and try their famous cocktail a ‘Hermitage’s Breeze’ at this magical venue before returning to the yacht.
Notes: A non-alcoholic beverage option is available. Tour sequence can vary to avoid congestion at the venues. A minimum participation is required to operate all Yachting Land Adventures and some have limited capacity. All adventures in the SeaDream Yachting Land Adventures program are subject to change. The minimum age to participate is 25 years old. This excursion does not operate on any Sunday. If this tour operates on the first day of your voyage, we strongly recommend you prebook this before embarking to avoid any disappointment.
Port: Charlestown, Nevis
Duration: 3.5 hours
Price: 219 USD
Voyages where this land adventure may be found:
- Feb 10, 2024 - British & French Islands Discovery
- Mar 02, 2024 - Spanish Caribbean Delight
- Jan 06, 2024 - Leeward Islands Discovery
- Nov 09, 2024 - Caribbean Dream
- Nov 16, 2024 - Leeward Islands Discovery
- Dec 21, 2024 - Caribbean Celebration II
- Nov 30, 2024 - Best of British Virgin Islands & St. Barths
- Nov 08, 2024 - Leeward Islands Adventure
- Nov 16, 2024 - Windward Islands Explorer
- Dec 09, 2023 - Grand Island Adventure
- Dec 16, 2023 - Best of the British Virgin Islands & St. Barths
- Dec 07, 2024 - Leeward Islands Discovery
- Dec 21, 2024 - Caribbean Celebration I
- Feb 11, 2024 - Best of British Virgin Islands & St. Barths
- Mar 03, 2024 - Virgin Islands Discovery
- Dec 14, 2024 - Leeward Islands Discovery
- Jan 25, 2025 - Leeward Islands Explorer
- Feb 15, 2025 - West Indies Explorer
- Mar 29, 2025 - West Indies Explorer
- Jan 04, 2025 - Best of British Virgin Islands & St. Barths
- Jan 25, 2025 - Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas to Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
- Mar 08, 2025 - British & French Islands Explorer
- Mar 22, 2025 - Leeward Islands Adventure
- Nov 22, 2025 - Leeward Islands Discovery
- Dec 06, 2025 - Grand Island Adventure
- Dec 20, 2025 - Leeward Islands Celebration
- Dec 27, 2025 - Tropical New Year's I
- Dec 14, 2025 - Grand Island Adventure
- Dec 21, 2025 - Leeward Islands Celebration
- Nov 30, 2025 - Windward & British Virgin Islands
- Dec 23, 2023 - Leeward Islands Celebration