Elaionas Village and Olive Oil Tasting
Take part in an olive-oil tasting workshop in a peaceful authentic Greek village.
Delphi Valley hosts more than 1.5 million olive trees with some of them being older than a 1000 years old! In this valley, archaeologists have found the remains of wild olive trees from Ancient times. The valley is recognized by UNESCO as a worldwide unique landscape and is today protected.
Some days when the wind is blowing and the sun goes down the trees look silver green and almost melt with the color of the sea, that is the reason why French visitors started calling the valley “la mer des oliviers” meaning “the sea of Olive Trees”.
Ride to the heart of the olive fields towards the picturesque village of Elainonas, home to 300 people. The name of this village “Elaionas” literally means “Olive grove”, it is built on the ridge of a rocky hill surrounded by olive trees. In Elaionas visit the Orthodox church of Agios Vasilios with it flourishing beautiful little garden.
Then participate in an olive oil tasting workshop under the shade of a plane tree in the picturesque traditional “kafeneion” of this village. The olive productsof the tasting are all products of the Kanatas family who have been producing olive oil for more than five generations. Today they own the award winning and certified brand: “Mer des Oliviers”
An expert guide will explain all about olive cultivation and the transformation of the fruits to be prepared as edible olives or as olive oil. Taste a sampling that includes two different sorts of olives, some extra virgin olive oil, and olive paste, all from the valley.
Notes: A minimum participation is required to operate all Yachting Land Adventures and some have limited capacity. All adventures in the SeaDream Yachting Land Adventures program are subject to change. Final departure time will be announced on board.
Port: Itea (Delphi)
Duration: 4 hours
Price: 189 USD
Voyages where this land adventure may be found:
- Aug 14, 2022 - Greek Isles & the Corinth Canal
- Jul 17, 2022 - Grand Greece & Italian Discovery
- Jul 23, 2022 - Classic Greece & the Adriatic Coast
- Aug 06, 2022 - Yachting the Adriatic
- Sep 19, 2022 - The Best of Greece & Sicily
- Aug 21, 2022 - Yachting the Adriatic
- May 13, 2023 - Greece, Italy & Malta
- Jun 10, 2023 - Yachting the Adriatic
- Jun 21, 2023 - Yachting the Adriatic
- Aug 12, 2023 - Yachting the Adriatic
- Sep 09, 2023 - Secluded Southern Italy & Greece
- Oct 11, 2023 - Grand Greece & Italian Discovery
- Jul 27, 2024 - Greek Isles & the Corinth Canal
- Sep 16, 2024 - Secluded Southern Italy & Greece
- Jun 09, 2024 - Secluded Southern Italy & Greece
- Jun 30, 2024 - In the Footsteps of Marco Polo
- Jul 19, 2024 - Greek Isles & the Corinth Canal
- Aug 03, 2024 - Enchanting Greece, Sicily & Malta