Napoleon's Exile and Elba Tastings
Follow your guide for a stroll along the Medicean Darsena with its yachts and typical shops before entering the town center through the Sea Gate of the Medicean Fortresses. Built by the Archiduke of Florence in 1548, the Cosimo de Medici fortress was built to defend and fortify the town of Portoferraio.
Along the route, admire the 15th century Palazzo Comunale, where Napoleon resided for a few days during his first exile in 1814. Then leave the main square of Portoferraio and walk towards the House of Napoleon “Villa I Mulini ”, so called because of windmills that once stood on the site of the villa. A variety of rooms are open to the public including the study, reception hall, the apartment of Napoleon’s sister Pauline, Napoleon’s bedroom and the library. Also see the outside gardens where the emperor used to spend much of his time while in exile.
From the House of Napoleon, continue along the narrow cobblestone path that leads to the upper part of town. This is a magical location for a wine tasting and some local specialties.Cheers and Saluti!
Notes: An outside visit of Villa I Mulini will be offered if the villa is closed to the open public when the yacht calls. A minimum participation is required to operate all Yachting Land Adventures and some have limited capacity. All adventures in the SeaDream Yachting Land Adventures program are subject to change. Final departure time will be announced on board.
Port: Portoferraio, Elba
Duration: 3 hours
Price: 159 USD
Voyages where this land adventure may be found:
- Oct 05, 2022 - Northern Italy & French Riviera Wine Journey
- Sep 25, 2022 - French & Italian Riviera Dream
- Oct 22, 2022 - French & Italian Riviera Dream
- Aug 12, 2023 - The French & Italian Islands Rediscovered
- Aug 19, 2023 - French & Italian Riviera Dream
- Aug 26, 2023 - French & Italian Riviera Dream
- Sep 09, 2023 - French & Italian Riviera Dream
- Sep 23, 2023 - French & Italian Riviera Dream
- Oct 22, 2023 - French & Italian Riviera Dream
- Oct 30, 2022 - Western Mediterranean Explorer
- May 19, 2024 - French & Italian Riviera Delight
- May 26, 2024 - French & Italian Riviera Delight
- Jun 26, 2024 - French & Italian Riviera Deluxe
- May 27, 2024 - Italian Riviera Dream
- Sep 21, 2024 - Tuscany & Corsica Discovery