Ravello, the Balcony of the Amalfi Coast
Discover Ravello, the Balcony of the Amalfi Coast including a SeaDream welcome aperitif at a heavenly retreat between sea and sky, followed by an informative walking tour of Amalfi.
Perched on a 350-foot-high cliff overlooking the Gulf of Naples, is the intimate hillside village of Ravello. Travel by minibus up the mountain on this Yachting Land Adventure to discover Ravello's charms and visit Villa Rufolo with the garden that inspired Richard Wagner. Walk with your guide through this lovely village and enjoy approximately 45 minutes on your own to explore its shops and peek inside the cathedral, founded in 1086, which contains two medieval pulpits, Roman sarcophagi & paintings by southern Renaissance artist Andrea da Salerno.
Afterwards, enjoy a welcome aperitif at a local hotel in Ravello with outstanding views of the Amalfi coastline before driving back to Amalfi town. Upon arrival in Amalfi, the guide will take you on a walking tour of the main center including a visit of the cathedral and its cloister before returning to the yacht.
Notes: A minimum participation is required to operate all Yachting Land Adventures and some have limited capacity. All adventures in the SeaDream Yachting Land Adventures program are subject to change. Final departure time will be announced on board.
Guests must be able to walk approximately a half mile during approximately one hour, over various surfaces of cobblestone streets with more than one hundred steps up and steep inclines. Comfortable clothing and walking shoes are recommended. To visit the Cathedral and Cloister in Amalfi, conservative attire with no exposed shoulders or knees is recommended. Short pants, tank tops and revealing clothing are not acceptable. Dense traffic congestion can be anticipated and may affect the duration of the excursion. After the Global Pandemic and tourism shutdown, we are experiencing higher than normal tourists in these popular destinations during the peak season (June, July, and August). Tour order may vary, but the mentioned sites will be included regardless.
Duration: 4 hours
Price: 169 USD
Voyages where this land adventure may be found:
- Aug 05, 2023 - Italian Romance
- Sep 30, 2023 - Southern Italy & the Tyrrhenian Isles
- Oct 15, 2023 - Along the Amalfi Coast
- Jul 04, 2023 - Grand Mediterranean & Adriatic Explorer
- Jul 22, 2023 - Italian Seaside Sojourn
- Jul 29, 2023 - Southern Italy & the Tyrrhenian Isles
- Sep 02, 2023 - Southern Italy & the Tyrrhenian Isles
- Oct 11, 2023 - Grand Greece & Italian Discovery
- Jun 06, 2023 - Mediterranean & Adriatic Old World Charm
- May 12, 2024 - Sorrentine Peninsula Sojourn
- Jun 16, 2024 - Sicily, Amalfi & Beyond
- Jul 06, 2024 - Amalfi Coast to the Adriatic Sea
- Aug 11, 2024 - Sorrentine Peninsula Sojourn