Uncover Ancient Pompeii
Discover the ancient ruins of Pompeii and find out how the Ancient Romans lived and worked this informative guided tour. A flourishing civilization buried for 1,700 years, Pompeii is possibly the most famous excavation site in the world. Brought to life by your guide, now you can see how citizens of the greatest empire of the world lived and loved, worked and played, ate and drank—and met their fateful death.
Your journey begins as you travel from Amalfi through mountain roads toward Pompeii while admiring Mount Vesuvius, the still-active historic volcano located 15 miles southeast of Naples. Entering Pompeii by foot at the Sea Gate you are soon in the Agorà, surrounded by temples, porticoes, and law courts.
20,000 people lived in this provincial town, of whom 2,000 perished in the catastrophic eruption of Vesuvius in 79 AD. Twenty feet of ashes and pumice stone covered Pompeii, much of which has been removed during the last 200 years to reveal details of everyday life. The mosaic floors and the brilliant frescoes that so delighted the Pompeians shine forth in all their undiminished glory. Explore baths and theaters, the wrestling ground, and luxurious villas and gardens, complete with plaster casts of the locals at the moment of Vesuvius’s eruption. At the end of your experience, reboard your coach for the drive back to Amalfi where you are welcomed back on board your yacht.
Notes: There is free time at the end of this excursion to have a quick snack at Pompeii. Due to possible traffic delays, your return to the yacht may be after lunch; however, there is 24-hour meal service at the bar. Requires extensive walking over uneven surfaces; not suitable for guests with walking disabilities or guests who use a wheelchair. Wear comfortable walking shoes; bring a hat and sunscreen. Due to security reasons, no backpacks and big bags are allowed inside Pompeii excavations. A minimum participation is required to operate all Yachting Land Adventures, and some may have limited capacity. All adventures in the SeaDream Yachting Land Adventures program are subject to change. Final departure times will be published on-board.
Duration: 5.5 hours
Price: 189 USD
Voyages where this land adventure may be found:
- Jul 17, 2022 - Grand Greece & Italian Discovery
- Jul 27, 2022 - Grand Mediterranean & Adriatic Explorer
- Sep 11, 2022 - Sicily, Amalfi & Beyond
- Oct 22, 2022 - Southern Italy & the Tyrrhenian Isles
- Oct 15, 2022 - Along the Amalfi Coast
- Aug 05, 2023 - Italian Romance
- Sep 30, 2023 - Southern Italy & the Tyrrhenian Isles
- Oct 15, 2023 - Along the Amalfi Coast
- Jul 04, 2023 - Grand Mediterranean & Adriatic Explorer
- Jul 22, 2023 - Italian Seaside Sojourn
- Jul 29, 2023 - Southern Italy & the Tyrrhenian Isles
- Sep 02, 2023 - Southern Italy & the Tyrrhenian Isles
- Oct 11, 2023 - Grand Greece & Italian Discovery
- Oct 13, 2022 - Southern Italy Wine Journey
- Jun 06, 2023 - Mediterranean & Adriatic Old World Charm
- Oct 02, 2022 - Grand Mediterranean Island Journey
- May 12, 2024 - Sorrentine Peninsula Sojourn
- Jun 16, 2024 - Sicily, Amalfi & Beyond
- Jul 06, 2024 - Amalfi Coast to the Adriatic Sea
- Jun 02, 2024 - Southern Italy & the Tyrrhenian Isles
- Aug 11, 2024 - Sorrentine Peninsula Sojourn
- Aug 18, 2024 - Grand Mediterranean & Adriatic Explorer
- Sep 07, 2024 - Southern Italy & the Tyrrhenian Isles
- Sep 14, 2024 - Southern Italy & the Tyrrhenian Isles