Hilltop Castellet & Wine Tasting
Departing from Sanary by coach, you will ascend to the village of Castellet, a typical Provencal hilltop village. Perched on a wooded hill above the vineyards, this remarkable stronghold, formerly owned by the Lords of les Baux, has well preserved ramparts, a carefully restored 12th century church and a castle dating back in part to the 11th century. Entering by one of the two fortified gates "Le Portail " and "Le Portalet", you will start the visit walking around the narrow streets up to the Castle, now home to the town hall. You will see the St. Sauveur church with its proudly displayed windows, before joining the "trou de Madame" from where you will enjoy an attractive view inland towards Ste Baume. You will have some time at leisure to explore the arts and craft workshops. Painting, pottery hollow-ware among other attractive items. You are then invited to visit famous vineyards and taste local wines at Domaine de Souviou, a very beautiful Provencal bastide with its adjacent chapel surrounded by 32 hectares of vineyards producing some very fine wine, and 2,500 olive trees producing a rare olive oil. The wine tasting will include red wines and rose wines, for which Provence is particularly noted.
Notes: A minimum participation is required to operate all Yachting Land Adventures and some have limited capacity. All adventures and prices in the SeaDream Yachting Land Adventures program are subject to change.
Duration: 4.5 hours
Price: 139 USD
Voyages where this land adventure may be found:
- May 09, 2020 - Malaga to Nice
- May 22, 2020 - Civitavecchia (Rome) to Nice
- Oct 17, 2020 - Civitavecchia (Rome) to Malaga
- May 07, 2020 - Timeless Journey
- Apr 27, 2020 - Bridgetown to Nice
- May 14, 2020 - Barcelona to Nice
- Sep 30, 2020 - Venice to Malaga
- Sep 30, 2020 - Venice to San Juan
- Jul 24, 2021 - Barcelona to Civitavecchia (Rome)
- Jun 12, 2021 - Civitavecchia (Rome) to Marseille